What happens when a derogatory remark that you’ve heard all through your life literally comes true to you? You would hate it, right? Well, we will let you guess what we’re talking about as we discuss what causes piles. So, piles is a condition that creates inflamed tissues in the anal area and causes a lot of ‘pain’. Now, if you’ve guessed what we were talking about, you’d definitely not want us to joke any further! Well, when someone has tissues collected in their anal area, it hurts a lot and leads to this condition. The mixture contains support tissues, muscles, elastic fibers, and blood vessels.
A lot of people are shy to talk about this condition. Unfortunately, many people sit on it instead of looking for a cure out of embarrassment. Well, here we wish to solve the stigmas around a condition and want to guide you about it. We will tell you everything about what causes piles, symptoms, and how to cure piles permanently at home.
What are piles?
You will find a person with piles to have a group of inflamed or swollen tissues in the anal canal. It can be in varying sizes and can either be external or even internal.
Experts say that the internal piles are usually situated within 2 to 4 centimeters right above the anal opening. You will find this type of piles to be most common. The external hemorrhoids or piles happen on the outer side of the anal opening. Both these can vary from being mild to turning into severe conditions. So, let us now see what the symptoms of piles are.
Mostly, you will find piles symptoms to be mild and not very serious. You will notice these symptoms to go away in a matter of days. Before we know what causes piles, let’s see what the symptoms of piles are:
The common piles symptoms are:
- You will find a slightly painful and hard swelling right around the anal area. It can be that the lump might hold clotted blood in it. This is because some piles do hold blood, which is known as thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
- If you have these lumps externally or internally, passing stool can be difficult. You may feel that your bowels are full.
- You will find the stool might have bright or dark red blood after passing it.
- Might find the anus area to be sore, itchy, and always red.
- You will experience pain after each bowel movement.
Suppose you see these symptoms and leave it untreated and not look for what causes piles. It might intensify and turn very serious. Some of the severe symptoms of piles are:
- Heavy bleeding from the anal area and, in some cases, even leads you to be anemic.
- Excessive Infections
- You may find it difficult to control or hold your bowel movements. It is also known as fecal incontinence.
- Sometimes, a new path naturally grows right between the skin around the anus and the internal part of the anus. You can also call this severe condition anal fistula.
- Often, when you do not find out what causes piles and treat it immediately, you might experience compact hemorrhoids. In this case, the supply of blood to the piles or hemorrhoids is blocked. This further leads to blood clotting or even severe infections.
Grades of Piles
Before we take you into what causes piles, you must know that piles has been grouped into categories. There are four grades of piles:
In the first grade, you will find tiny inflamed tissues. It is generally seen in the inner anus lining. You might not see the inflammations at this stage.
When you come to grade II, the inflammations aren’t visible too. But the size of it is slightly bigger than the grade I lump. You might notice them push out during your passing stool. However, they do go inside single-handedly.
You can also refer to the Grade III piles as prolapsed hemorrhoids. It is seen outside of the anal, around the anal area. You might often feel that the inflamed lump is hanging outside the anus. However, these lumps do require help and can be put back inside the anus with your help.
In the Grade IV piles, you cannot push the lump back into the anus. That is because it is quite big and requires immediate treatment.
You will notice the external hemorrhoids or piles to be little lumps that occur right around the anus edge. These can turn extraordinarily itchy and painful if blood clots start developing. It turns painful because when blood clots in the lumps, it blocks blood flow. You need to refer to your doctor immediately if you have thrombosed piles.
What Causes Piles?
The causes of piles can vary for multiple reasons. Pregnancy is a common reason that leads to piles. When you have an increase in pressure in your lower abdomen and rectum, there are chances of one developing the condition. You will notice that when the blood vessels of the anus and around it expands and strain itself, you may get piles. It usually swells up or bulges, hence, causes piles. Below is a list of possible reasons for what causes piles. Which are:
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Chronic Constipation
- Lifting or exercising using Heavyweights.
- Excessive Strain while Stool Passing
- You may even develop piles by inheriting it.
- Occurs with age
Above are just a list of possible probabilities of developing piles. There can be other reasons too, but these are the most common ones we have focused on.
How to Cure Piles Permanently at Home?
Now that you know what causes piles, it is wise to treat it at the initial stages. You must detect the piles symptoms and try out the piles treatment at home. Are you wondering how you need to do it? Below we have given you a complete guide on what all you require and what the procedures are. So, without wasting time, let’s check out how to cure piles permanently at home. Some of the natural yet effective remedies of piles are:
You can also call the lukewarm bath, sitz bath. The tepid water helps the muscles of your anal area to relax. It will give you immense relief and calm your pains too.
What do you need?
- Lukewarm Water
- A Bathtub
- You need first to fill the bathtub with lukewarm water
- Then gently sit and soak your genitals and anal canal in the bathtub
You need to sit there for around 17 minutes.
- Then, slowly get up from the bathtub. Use a soft clean towel to pat yourself dry. But do it slowly and carefully.
- Remember, you need to do this maximum of 3 times a day for the desired results.
You can choose witch hazel for the astringent properties it contains. This property in witch hazel helps you to soothe inflammation and acts as a perfect home remedy for piles.
What do you need?
- A few cotton pads
- Witch hazel
- You need to first soak a few cotton pads in a solution of witch hazel.
- Then gently apply the soaked cotton pad on the areas of your anus. You can do this remedy for around 2-3 minutes.
- You need to do this remedy for at least 4-5 times in a day for the desired results.
Tea Tree Oil
You need to use tea tree oil to clean away the bacteria and germs from the anal region. It also works as a piles cream and reduces inflammation. You can vouch on tea tree oil for supple skin too.
What do you need?
- First, you need around three drops of the tea tree oil.
- Some cotton pads
- Lastly, only one teaspoon full olive oil
- You need a bowl to make a solution using olive oil and tea tree oil. Both the oils must combine evenly.
- Then, gently soak the cotton pads in the solution.
- Apply the soaked cotton pad on the anal area and the surrounding areas.
- Gently wipe the area later.
- You need to do this maximum of 3 times in one day.
Aloe Vera Gel
You must be aware that aloe vera contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties in it. So, you can easily choose this product and be sure to reduce the inflammation. You already know what causes piles (the inflamed tissue accumulation), and aloe vera gel can relieve you from the pain and give the anal are a soothing sensation.
What do you need?
- Pluck a leave of the Aloe vera plant
- A spoon
- If you have external hemorrhoids, you need to cut the aloe vera leaf from the middle. Then scoop the gel and slowly apply it to the anal area externally. Remember to keep it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then use a cotton pad and wipe it off gently.
- Just if you have internal hemorrhoids, you need to cut the aloe vera leaves into thin pieces. Then place it in the freezer and let it cool thoroughly. Remember to remove the thorns of the aloe vera leaf. Take out those fresh pieces and insert it slowly into your anus. Remember not to insert it completely; you only need to add a part of it.
- You have to do this only three times in one day and not more than that.
Coconut oil is a wonder treatment for so many ailments. It contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties in it. Moreover, these properties in coconut oil help you from excessive pain. It can even fight off the bacteria cures a wound. There is no doubt that coconut oil can relieve you from pain and heal your piles quickly at home.
What do you need?
- Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin)
- Cotton Pads
- You need first to use lukewarm water and clean up the area of the anus.
- Then use the cotton pads or your clean washed fingers and dip it in extra virgin coconut oil.
- Remember not to rub the area too much. A gentle application is required.
- You need to do this procedure at least three times a day. This remedy can follow until the blood clotted lumps vanish.
Organic Radish Juice
If you want to get rid of piles naturally at home, you can vouch on organic radish juice. It will clean your internal system thoroughly and relieve you from constipation and pains. Moreover, it will also help digestion.
What do you need?
- Organic Radishes
- Blender or Juicer
- First, you need to grate the organic radishes.
- Then, blend them into a juice using a juicer or blender.
- Start the process by drinking the juice only a quarter of a cup every day without missing it.
- Once you are used to having the juice, go up to half a cup only.
- Remember to drink it twice in one day.
- You must continue having this until your pile pains vanish away.
Eat Fibrous Foods
You are well aware of what causes piles, and constipation is one of the reasons that can lead to hemorrhoids. If you have a deficient fiber intake in your diet, then you may come in for constipation. This can further lead you to have excessive abdominal pain and constipation. So, it is important to consume roughage to relieve yourself from constipation for a smooth bowel movement.
What do you need?
- 30-35 grams of fibrous food.
- Vegetables, fresh fruits, and Nuts
- You can easily visit a farm or visit the store and choose only organic foods. Organic foods are fresh and very good for you.
- Your diet must have enough vegetables and fruits in it.
- You need to have seeds and nuts too.
- Remember to consume low amounts of meat and dairy products. These aren’t good people having piles and can make it severe.
- You can always make soups, salads, and so much more with fibrous rich foods. You can have around three servings every day to get the desired results for piles.
We have come to the end of our blog, and we’re sure you’ve got enough reasons for what causes piles and how you need to cure it at home. If this misfortune befalls you, you could also think about utilizing hemorrhoid spray. But remember to consult your doctor once, before you try out these remedies at home. However, a fiber-rich diet can always cure piles and relieve you from its pains as well. So, once you know from your doctor for sure, use all the home remedies to relieve yourself from the anal pain!