Around 60% of people will enjoy an alcoholic drink weekly, while the number of people ending up in alcohol rehab centers in New Jersey each year due to alcohol-related problems is quite staggering. It all lines up to the fact that many of us have a problem with alcohol.
The number of people seeking alcohol rehab in recent years has increased and it’s believed that worldwide over 107 million people have problems with the substance. But are you one of them?
Alcohol problems manifest themselves in a number of different forms and can lead to violence, financial problems, breakdown in relationships, and of course severe health problems. So it’s something worth seriously acknowledging as the consequences long term can be catastrophic.
But how do you know you have an alcohol problem? Well, Alcoholics Anonymous recently pulled together a series of questions you should ask yourself to uncover whether you have a problem with the substance…
All you need to do is answer yes or no…
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Does your drinking make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking affecting your reputation?
- Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
- Do you drink alone?
- Have you lost time from work due to drinking?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
- Is drinking jeopardising your job or business?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Are you in financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
- Do you turn to or seek an inferior environment when drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
- Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do you want a drink the next morning?
- Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking?
- Has your doctor ever treated you for drinking?
- Have you ever been in hospital or prison because of drinking?
So, what did you score? Well, we hate to break it to you, but if you scored as little as one yes from the questions above, then there’s a chance you could have a problem with alcohol.
The charity said that one of the questions answered yes, then there are warning signs you could be an alcoholic, while two suggests the chances are you are one.
However, three or more then it’s considered you almost certainly are an alcoholic.
So, what next? Well, an evaluation of how much you are drinking should certainly be undertaken, while it will be worth considering giving up the booze and ensuring you live a healthy lifestyle, with those questions answered yes turning into no as you being a recovery process.