Hydration is one of the critical factors to keep our body healthy and going. Hydration is not just an internal factor that can be completed by drinking adequate water. We need hydration for our skin and hair as well. Here, we will be majorly discussing how to use water for our external body (skin) and keep it hydrated. To do so, we will discuss the benefits of ice on face and how it can help you improve your skin.
Table of Contents
How to apply ice cubes on face
Here are the following steps to make use of the benefits of ice on face:
- Pick an ice cube
- Massage in a circular motion on your face for 1 to 2 minutes
- Let your face absorb the water as you let it sit
- Once your face cools down, apply a moisturize to seal the hydration
Benefits of ice on face
The most commonly heard beauty advice is to drink a good amount of water. Water can give you a lot of health and beauty benefits. Here we are discussing some of the benefits of ice on face:
Using ice cubes on your face can be very beneficial to cure acne. It takes away the excess oil from your skin and also cures the spots caused by acne.
Rubbing ice cubes on face in a circular motion improves blood circulation. It helps to clean the pores deeply.
Removes under-eye puffiness
Various reasons can cause under-eye puffiness. Just an ice cube can solve this big problem quickly. Rubbing ice around your eye area can soothe and even out fluid from the area, which helps to make your eyes less puffy.
Reduce signs of aging
Regularly using ice cubes can help to prevent and reduce signs of aging. Ice cubes help to improve blood circulation and go deeper into the skin. It tightens skin pores, which is a great way to reduce wrinkles.
If you are facing oily or dull skin issues, then skin icing is the best remedy. It revives skin health and boosts the skin’s healthy glow. As blood circulation is improved naturally, it brightens skin radiance.
You can also use ice water or mix some other ingredients like milk or aloe vera to ice for facial benefits. We will discuss some effects of using milk ice cubes and also the benefits of aloe vera ice cubes for the face below.
How to use milk ice cubes
Here is how you can make milk ice cubes for face:
- Milk ice cubes are made by adding milk with water together
- Pouring the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze it overnight
- Next morning ice cubes are ready to use
- Take out one ice cube and use it in a circular motion on your face and around your neck
- Leave your face untouched for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with water and see the difference
Benefits of using milk ice cubes on face
- Milk ice cubes cleanse your pores and make your skin clear
- It hydrates your skin, tightens it, and makes it healthier
- If tanned skin is your problem, then milk ice cube is a must use for you
- Milk has skin whitening property so regular use of it can enhance the texture of your skin.
You can get rid of any scars, spots, and pigmentation using milk ice cubes and naturally brighten your skin.
How to use Aloe Vera Ice cubes
Aloe Vera is widely known as a purifying agent and widely used for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s how you can prepare these cubes for face:
- Take out the fresh Aloe Vera gel from the aloe vera plant (if you have one)
- If you don’t have an Aloe Vera plant, many aloe vera gel products are available in the market. Pick a suitable one for you
- Blend the gel with a bit of amount of rose water or regular water
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and let it freeze
- After some hours, it is ready to use
You can immediately see the benefits of using aloe vera ice cubes on your face.
Benefits of aloe vera ice cubes for face
Celebrities are widely aware of the benefits of using ice cubes on their face, and aloe vera ice cube is one of the famous face icing methods.
- It is a natural makeup remover that is gentle on your skin.
- Tightening the pores, makes the skin more youthful
- Aloe vera has excellent moisturizing properties, which is amiable for dry skin
- It hydrates the skin from inside and instantly gives a beautiful glow
- If you have damaged skin you can rely on aloe vera ice cubes as it is beneficial in repairing skin cells
- Aloe vera has salicylic acid, which helps to exfoliate skin naturally and skin glow from inside
- Its inflammatory properties reduces skin redness, swelling
- One of the benefits of using aloe vera ice cubes on face is to prevent or reduce skin irritation for sensitive skin
- It is also helpful in removing acne spots
How to do ice water facial
You can experience the benefits of ice on your face by doing an ice water facial. The benefits of ice water facials are visible in this summer season.
What is ice water facial? Let’s see the process of doing an ice water facial.
- It would help if you had a big bowl where you can dunk your face
- Take water and ice cubes in the bowl
- Now dunk your face into the bowl for not more than 1 minute
- Do not dip your face for too long to avoid ice burn
- You can use freshwater ice cubes
- Using aloe vera ice cubes, green tea ice cubes, or any caffeine water ice cubes will also work
Benefits of ice water facial
- Plunging your face in ice water can help to burn fat
- It will influence your nerves to burn fat throughout your body
- One of the benefits of ice water facial is that it gives you a perfectly toned skin
- It reduces redness or skin spots
- Ice water facial can reduce pores
- Dipping face in icy water before makeup can help your makeup stay longer
- It is also very helpful in preventing future wrinkles.
Other than these, you can add many other ingredients for specific benefits. Some other benefits of ice cubes on the face with some added ingredients are discussed below:
Green tea ice cubes
Boil some green tea leaves into water and make green tea. Let it cool, and then add a tiny amount of water to it. Pouring the mixture into ice cubes, let it freeze.
Green tea has excellent detoxifying and antioxidant properties, which gives the skin a natural glow with an antioxidant boost. Your skin becomes healthier and younger.
Blueberry ice cubes
Squeeze some blueberry juice with water to make blueberry ice cubes.
Blueberry ice cubes give a naturally younger look to the skin by exfoliating it naturally.
Cucumber ice cubes
Cucumber adds to the freshness and cooling factors of ice. Add some cucumber puree to water to make cucumber ice cubes.
Apart from cooling the skin, it gives a long-lasting freshness.
Rosewater ice cubes
Rosewater is famous as a toner. It soothes the skin, hydrates it from deep.
Apart from hydration, it controls oil secretion from the face.
Mix some rose water with normal water and freeze it to get rose water ice cubes.
Lemon juice ice cubes
To combat the visible signs of aging, lemon juice ice cubes are the best. It demolishes the appearance of aging signs.
Squeeze some lemon juice into water to make lemon juice ice cubes.
Coffee ice cubes
Caffeine products have the potential to uplift the tiredness in the skin. Coffee has compressing power.
This ice cube can tighten skin pores to give a fine texture.
The process of making coffee ice cubes is the same as green tea ice cubes.
Rice water ice cubes
You can use ice cubes made of rice water.
It instantly improves the glow on your skin.
You can use this ice cube directly after shower.
- Depending on the ingredients added in the ice cubes, it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- If it is used correctly, you can reduce pimples and inflammation
- These facial icing can help to soothe your skin reduce sunburn
- Improves blood circulation and therefore make the skin glow
- Reduces eye puffiness
There are always some good and bad effects to everything. You need to know some of the side effects before you do facial icing.
- Apart from all the benefits of using ice cubes on face, you need to know that excessive icing can make your skin frail
- You can take three to four ice cubes wrapped in a thin cotton cloth to avoid skin damage
- Let the ice melt a little bit and wet the cloth, then massage the cubes on your face
- Do not use ice immediately on the face after being in the sun for a long time
- Do not rub ice cubes for an extended period, take a short break after every application
- You cannot hold the ice for a long time in your bare hand, so wear gloves.
- If you face any rash or inflammation using ice cubes with ingredients, stop doing that and do an ice water facial.
- Try to avoid facial icing in winter.
There were the varied ways how you can improve your skin quality by using different types of ice cubes for your face. The remedies are popular for spa treatments. But why do you need to spend money excessively when you can make them and use them at home? Make sure you follow the right way of using ice on face to avoid the side effects.