No matter how simple, laid back or low maintenance we all try to be – part of us will always want to feel attractive. While good looks are a mix of both personal effort and genes, the good news is that there are some body care tips and tricks you can try doing to achieve your dream skin and body. Some of these easy skin care tips, you might even be overlooking. Even more so, you might not even be aware of its potential benefits to you body.
That said, here is a list of 5 things you might want to consider adding into your body care routine.
- Want to have sexier and fuller looking lips? Grab an old toothbrush, rub it on some lip balm or oil then scrub your lips. Do this softly for at least 1 minute and allow the result to surprise you.
- Olive oil is not just a terrific option if you want to try and get rid of unnecessary fats in your diet. But aside from that, it provides some pretty solid benefits for your skin too. In case you have not heard of it – the ever so beautiful Julia Roberts actually swears by this tip. Steam your face and afterwards, massage the olive oil into your skin. You will thank us later for it.
- Having inflammation-related problems on your face? Try using eye drops. Yup, you read that right – aside from your typical go-to skincare products and acne treatments, you can also try using eye drops. You can do this by taking a red-eye reducing eye drop and putting on a few drops on the cotton. Here is where it gets interesting : Make sure to put it inside the freezer before applying it on your face. Afterwards, gently press the cotton pad against the inflamed area.Trust us on this : it will be almost like the pimple never existed once you take it off.
- Use baking soda to help you get rid of ingrown hair is another homemade skin care tip you have been sleeping on all these years. Ingrown hairs, albeit a very common problem, is as annoying and as uncomfortable as it gets. To create a body scrub that helps with this specific skin care concern – just mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of water. Put all these ingredients together until you form a thick paste. Apply it on the affected area and rinse off after letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- Last but not the least, another homemade skincare tip : Did you know that you can actually get rid of the dark circles and bags under your eyes by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of hot water or hot tea. Soak this mixture in cotton pads and then apply it on the area under your eyes. Just wait for 15 minutes before washing off completely. Trust us, you will be seeing results in no time! Just make sure to keep repeating this routine consistently – every single day.