Washing is the most basic oral hygiene that we are all expected to follow! We’ve all been taught to scrub clean with soap in every bath. We have different soaps for the face and the body. In many ways, our perception of a ‘good’ soap is also shaped by our childhood conditioning. We expect our face to feel a bit tight and dry because we just washed it! But all soaps are not the same. The chemical soaps work very differently from Handmade Herbal Soaps.
The later was obviously the traditional method when people made their own soaps or bought them from specialists. The trend for handmade soaps has returned with a vengeance worldwide as the beauty industry and researchers go back to its natural roots. In India, handmade soaps have always been part of the Ayurvedic products. Today it is multi-million dollar industry worldwide where every big brand is emphasizing its natural ingredients. Handmade or Natural Soap-makers from over the world utilize fresh, natural and organic ingredients only.
To understand why we should go for herbal or Ayurvedic soaps, we have to understand how soaps work.
Working of the Soap
Soaps are meant to clean the dirt, sweat, and oil from the skin. They do so through chemicals known as surfactants. It is these chemicals that dissolve the dirt and oil, which is then washed away with water. It is the same chemical that you find in detergents, emulsifiers, shampoos, and even perfumes. By washing away the oil and grit, surfactants leave our skin feeling fresh. But surfactants have their drawbacks as well.
Surfactants can leave the skin irritated, dry and reduce its natural barriers. This allows the dust and grime to penetrate deeper into the skin. So, while the soap may seem to clean your skin in a short time, in the long-term it strips the skin slowly of its natural barriers, making it rough and dry. Some studies seem to indicate the surfactants strip the upper layer of skin of fat molecules that trap the moisture. The skin turns to be increasingly helpless to harm.
Read more like these article: Why it’s high time to replace chemical-laden soaps with Ayurvedic soaps?
Handmade Soaps do not have these harmful chemicals that strip the skin of its essential elements. They cleanse the skin by the action of natural elements like herbs that attract or absorb the dirt, cleaning it in the process. The pH level of such soaps is also close to the skin’s pH level.
Why you should use HARA Naturals Ayurvedic or Handmade Herbal Soaps?
Handmade or Natural Soap-makers from over the world utilize fresh, natural and organic ingredients. The HARA Naturals range of Ayurvedic or Handmade soaps is made up of naturally found elements like honey, Moroccan red clay, Himalayan salt, honey, beeswax, rose, kaffir lime, aloe vera, sandalwood, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, cow milk, and beer peach. There are multiple reasons why you should use these products:
- Ayurvedic formulations: HARA Naturals uses the age-old formulations found in Ayurveda when developing its products. Considered one of the world’s oldest systems of medicine, Ayurveda took a holistic approach towards wellness. It saw the body as a whole. This included caring for one’s external appearance as well as purifying the body from within. One’s appearance was seen as the result of one’s spiritual and physical health.
- HARA Naturals follows the same philosophy along with many of the original teachings in Ayurveda. The texts of Ayurveda describe herbs and other naturally occurring elements that cannot only cleanse the body but also purify it from within. For instance, many of the ingredients have antibiotic, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that can help us fight the effects of pollution, ageing, microbial infections, and other such impurities.
- Anti-ageing properties: One of the most booming fields in pharmaceuticals is anti-ageing products. We have aisles full of products that claim to tighten the pores, remove signs of ageing like wrinkles, lines and age spots. Unfortunately, while these products will give you some positive in the short-term, their effect in the long-term is actually more damaging. Many Ayurvedic formulations have the same properties and achieve this result while helping the body repair itself. Ingredients like ginger and cow milk have proven to be very efficient in fighting ageing skin. These ingredients contain powerful antioxidants like free radicals. These free radicals cause the skin to show signs of ageing.
- Taking out impurities: In making Handmade Herbal Soaps, the HARA Naturals uses ingredients that can be very efficient in fighting impurities like oil and dirt in the skin. It is these impurities that cause damage to skin, causing acne, blackheads, rashes and other skin conditions. The HARA Naturals soaps take out these impurities, cleaning the skin from within.
- No-chemical fragrance: One of the best parts of the HARA Naturals soaps is the fragrance. Conventional soaps achieve this by adding perfume chemicals that give us that pleasant smell. But we know that this is synthetic because it is never quite as good as the natural ingredients. In handmade soaps, we find a much preferred natural alternative. You can choose from fragrances like vanilla, rose, cinnamon, kaffir lime, orange, and sandalwood.
- All skin types: The HARA Naturals soaps are designed for all skin types — such as oily and dry skin. Some of these elements are also suitable for sensitive skins that are more prone to inflammations. Elements like aloe vera, honey and beeswax have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can treat inflammations like sun damage and rashes. Many of these ingredients have a very gentle cleansing effect that makes them suitable for all kinds of skin.
- Moisturizing: Made from natural elements, the Handmade Herbal Soaps of HARA Naturals do not strip the skin and its fat molecules or remove the moisture trapped within. The pH level of the soap is close to the skin’s own pH, which makes it gentle on our skin. It does not have the harshness that comes from chemicals in other soaps. Some elements, such as honey, actually help in trapping moisture in the skin. The result is that you are left with dewy, fresh, and soft skin. It also improves the elasticity of the skin, making it healthy from within.