We all must have heard that drinking adequate water can boost our beauty internally and externally. Water works as a hydrating factor in our body and also boosts our skin’s glow. In this article, we will make you aware of the benefits of drinking water for skin. We will also be discussing in what process and in what quantity you should drink water to get the best result.
- Water works as an important constituent of the human body
- Daily intake of water acts as a human health promoter
- Water is a major element of body fluids
- It is also one of the main components of body cells and tissues
- Body cells get hydrated through the blood by water
- Skin is the largest organ of our body, and it gets hydrated by water
- Water clears out impurities and toxins from the skin
Benefits of drinking water for your skin
Here we are discussing all the benefits of drinking water for your skin:
Improves skin tone
Water helps the body to flush out the toxins and make skin healthy. You can visibly see the benefits of drinking water for your skin just by increasing just two cups of water to your daily water routine. It will increase the blood flow to the skin and thereby give the skin an even tone.
When your skin stays hydrated, it will become flexible. It will carry a high moisture level for a long time. The easiest way to hydrate your skin is to drink water the right way.
When your skin stays hydrated, it will protect skin from early sagging and fine lines and wrinkles.
One of the other benefits of drinking water for skin this summer is that you can get rid of your sunburn or tan easily. Drinking water can clean your skin and make it toned.
When you don’t drink enough water as per your body’s need, it loses hydration, and the skin becomes puffy. When skin looks puffy, it’s holding on to water to protect skin from dehydration.
Drinking water can balance the oil and water content of facial skin, preventing and reducing oil secretion from the face as there is a reduction in oil secretion. As a result, you will find fewer pores in your skin and laser acne.
Adults with busy lifestyles miss to drink enough water, and that leads to more unhealthy food habits face acne problems. They can easily get rid of this acne problem just by drinking adequate water.
Itchiness on face
Face itchiness is a common factor in dry skin. Dry skin lacks moisture. As a result, it happens to have dry flakes or cracks. You can lock the moisture of your dry skin by drinking ample water.
A sudden weight loss can cause the skin to sag, or many other reasons make skin saggy. The sagging of skin is very prominent in the upper arms, thighs, waist, and jawline.
The benefits of drinking water for sagging skin is that it helps to tighten the skin. It revives the skin’s elasticity and gradually demolishes saggy skins.
Maintain PH balance
Drinking an adequate amount of water maintains the body’s PH level. A balanced PH level probes to healthy facial skin.
For sensitive skin or acne-ridden skin, drinking water can be very helpful. It can bring round the healthy version of your skin.
How much water to drink for skin
You can only find the benefits of drinking water for skin if you follow the right process and the quantity correctly.
If you drink six to eight glasses of clean water, it will naturally help you get clean and glowing skin.
Any sportsperson or athlete can cross the limit of 4 liters of water per day. It is ideal for glowing skin.
It is enough to drink two and half-liter to three-liter water daily to attain eternal beauty and glow on the skin for regularly active people.
The benefits of drinking water for skin varies in summer and winter. In summer, we have a natural urge to drink water frequently. While, in winter, the urge is much less.
In summer, most of our skin gets burnt or gets brownish by heat. Many people face rash or itchiness because of sweating. Solar heat makes our skin dull. You can control all of this summer skin issues by drinking ample water.
In winter, heat doesn’t harm that much. Due to cold weather and less humidity, the urge to drink water becomes less. But it’s important in winter to drink equal water. Skin becomes dry in winter, but drinking water can be a solution for your dry skin problems.
You can also achieve the benefits of drinking water for skin by any fluid intake. Try to avoid beverages with sugar to get the benefits.
In winter you can drink tea, coffee and in summer drinks like coconut water, cold drinks without sugar to get the benefits of water for skin.
Sometimes drinking plain water can be very monotonous. Now we will tell you how you can drink water with other ingredients and the benefits.
Mint has salicylic acid, which is very effective in softening your skin. Boil some mint leaves in water, pour it into the glass after it cools down. Mint extract lightens the spots on the face and skin and makes the skin bright.
Basil has great inflammatory property. It kills bacteria inside the skin to give glowing skin. When it’s come to acne, basil is the best. It kills acne-promoting germs, clears out acne totally, and purifies the blood to prevent acne and other infections.
Lemon is high in vitamin C, which is known as an antioxidant agent. It also has antifungal properties which prevent germs from creating problems. Drinking lemon water can be beneficial to reduce all of your skin problems. Squeeze some of the lemon juice into a glass of lukewarm water, drink it in the morning, or have it with normal water anytime.
Cinnamon drink is one of the popular beverages nowadays for its effectiveness. It boosts your collagen formation, which increases skin elasticity and keeps the skin hydrated. Thereby, cinnamon water reduces the appearance of skin aging and reduces acne. You can boil cinnamon in water or can blend it in your tea or any other beverages.
Drinking ginger water or ginger tea, or ginger in any beverages can conserve collagen. Collagen makes your skin flexible, which removes fine lines, wrinkles. Ginger drinks make your skin structure better, which makes you look youthful.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of beauty benefits. It’s fine to remove acne and acne spots. It has great anti-aging properties. Drinking water with Apple cider vinegar can soothe sunburn on your skin.
Dilute apple cider vinegar to water and drink regularly to get the best and fast result.
Drinking water for skin whitening
Studies have suggested that people went to the bathhouse in Eastern Europe earlier to dip themselves into the water for a longer time. They detoxify their skin and fight skin problems like enlarged pores, tanned skin tone, and attain whiter skin.
Nowadays, you can have this solution by drinking water for skin whitening.
- Drinking water can compact your pores and fight your skin problems.
- It will enhance your metabolism and improve your digestive system, helping you flush out toxins and pollutants from your skin.
- This can give you wholesome, glowing skin, and you can easily observe the benefits of drinking water for skin
- Drinking water can be an excellent substitute for your anti-aging products, as it is best known for anti-aging remedies
- When your age marks clear, your skin will look whiter
- As water hydrates your skin, it will enhance your complexion
- It is liable to drink better amount of water for skin whiteningthan any skin whitening creams
- Drinking water can heal your sunburn; it will balance oil secretion from the face to give a whiter effect
You need to remember drinking water can whiten your skin by clearing the impurities that your skin already has.
- It will lighten your skin by cleaning the dirt and pollution present on it.
- Drinking a lot of water clears out scars or acne marks for that skin look whiter
- It protects your skin from infection; thus, skin looks whiter
- It doesn’t change skin tone but brightens it by improving your blood circulation
Benefits of drinking water for skin acne
Drinking water can be very beneficial for acne-prone skins. It can reduce and remove aches from your skin. We will discuss how, but for that, firstly, we need to know why acne happens:
Causes of acne
- Hair follicles of your skin have direct contact with oil glands on your face and skin
- Dirt stuck in pores cause acne
- Hormonal changes can cause the sebaceous gland to enlarge and thereby secrets more oil
- Some medicines can cause acne
- Eating junk food or oily food frequently can be problematic to your stomach and cause acne
- Acne can also be genetic; if your parents had acne, then you can face it too
How drinking water can be helpful for acne
- Drinking water has a good impact on your skin and body hydration
- Dry skin can cause active oil production sometimes, which cause acne; drinking water or sugarless fluid can keep your skin moisturized
- Daily drinking 2-3 liter (depends on your intake capacity, you can drink more) of water can notably improve your skin
- Water prevents skin roughness, and that prevents acne
- Drinking adequate water helps to have a healthy immune system that protects your skin from acne
- It fights against infection creating germs and detoxifies skin to support skin health
How long does it take for water to clear skin?
Well, there is no such specific time that we can assure you. It depends on your skin type, your regular lifestyle, food habits, and a lot more. It also depends on your water intake capacity.
Water is a natural detoxifier; it will detoxify your skin to clear out dirt and pollutants from your skin and gradually make your skin glow. It can take two weeks or even can take two months, depending on your skin’s impurities.
Drinking water makes your kidneys work better, boosts your metabolism so that toxins from your body flush out. You can notice your changing kidneys function immediately after increasing your water or fluid intake.
It also depends on how much water you are intaking daily and how frequently. If you are taking water and water with other ingredients and fluid as beverages, that will also affect the time being.
You can see a little change on your face after at least seven days. You will see how water is clearing out your facial skin rapidly. However, it will take longer for other skin than facial skin to glow and repair.
So, you can see the difference in one or two weeks or other people can take much time to see changes for some people.
You cannot ignore the benefits of drinking water for skin as it is quite noticeable. But it would help if you kept in mind that you don’t need to force yourself to drink more than your capacity. It will increase gradually.
Even drinking more water than what your body needs can be dangerous too. It can decrease your salt level in the body. If you want to get rid of your skin problems, naturally start to follow this water drinking process.