Achieving radiant and healthy skin at home has become increasingly popular, and one effective method for achieving this goal is using DIY home peels. Among the various options available, Light Routine® salicylic acid and Milk Route® lactic acid DIY peels have gained recognition for their ability to rejuvenate and exfoliate the skin. However, to get the full benefits of these peels while minimising potential risks, following some essential do’s and don’ts is crucial.
- Cleanse Your Skin: Start by cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser before and after using the Light Routine® or Milk Route® DIY peel. It helps remove any makeup, dirt, or impurities hindering the peel’s effectiveness.
- Even Application: When applying the peel, spread it gently and evenly across your skin. Avoid excessive rubbing or harsh movements, as this can irritate your skin.
- Nighttime Application: DIY home peels are best used in the evenings or at bedtime. It allows your skin to recover overnight without exposure to potentially harmful UV rays.
- Sunscreen Protection: Always use broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen during the daytime, even when you haven’t used the peel. Protecting your skin from UV damage can be particularly harmful when using exfoliating products.
- Overuse the Product: Use less of the product. Follow the given instructions carefully. Overusing the peel can lead to excessive irritation and potential damage to your skin.
- Avoid Rubbing: Avoid rubbing the peel forcefully into your skin while applying it. Instead, use it gently, allowing the product to work without friction.
- Adhere to the Recommended Time: Do not leave the peel on your skin longer than the recommended duration. Leaving it on for too long can lead to skin irritation and discomfort.
- Cease Use of Other Actives: If you use Light Routine® or Milk Route® home peel, avoid using other potent skincare actives like retinol, glycolic acid, or vitamin C on the same day. These ingredients can interact with the peel and increase the risk of irritation.
- Avoid Sensitive Areas: Never apply DIY chemical peels to sensitive areas such as the lips and the skin around the eyes. These areas are thinner and more delicate and should be treated with extra care.
Achieving radiant and healthy skin through Light Routine® or Milk Route® home peels is possible when you adhere to these do’s and don’ts. Following a proper skincare routine and choosing compatible actives can help you achieve the best results. Patience is crucial, and consistent, responsible use of these peels will yield the best long-term benefits for your skin.